Friday, April 29, 2011

Paper Submitted!

My first paper is submitted to the Journal of Nuclear Medicine. This isn't to say it will be appearing - I've just sent it. Some editor will glance at it and decide if they should bother having someone else look at it in detail.

I've learned a few very important things in this process:
  • ROOT sucks at making nice looking plots.
  • It is important to look at the submission interface far before actually trying to submit.
  • Histograms make more sense in particle physics than anywhere else.

I'm sure I will have much more to learn during the review process (if/when it occurs). Probably that the reviewers hate my plots. I wouldn't blame them. It could have been worse. I could have wanted to show a stacked bar graph. ROOT won't do that at all. But hey, it will make great histograms!

No comments:

Post a Comment