Thursday, February 9, 2017

Venturing into new shops...

I finally pushed myself to get dry cleaning done.  I knew this would be difficult - and I prepared by looking up the Italian words I thought I needed.  I wasn't convinced the first place I passed was a "dry cleaners" and not a normal laundry.  Is there a difference?  I don't know.

I went to the place that clearly had a "lava secco" sign... and couldn't find the door to get in.  These Italian buildings really confuse me!  Luckily, someone was departing the shop, which helped me identify the door.  I opened the conversation by apologizing and saying I don't speak Italian well.  The conversation didn't really go uphill from there.  I understood about 20% of it - I left my clothes there, I paid her money, and I know what day to return.  We'll see what has happened to my clothes when I get back!

I had a dire need for a coffee, so I headed down the street...  I paused at the Herbalist and decided that it couldn't be harder than the dry cleaner.  Right?  They had tea in the window, so I assumed I could buy tea there.  What does an herbalist sell?  I have no idea.  But she did sell me tea.  Amazingly, this is the 5th place I have bought tea during this trip.  That is on top of the tea that I brought with me.  I expect that I will get through almost all of it though!  I am a tea-drinking, code-writing machine.

I did get my coffee, and I also stopped and bought bread.  

No comments:

Post a Comment