Friday, April 14, 2017

Goodbye San Raffaele

It has been sad to say goodbye to everyone at San Raffaele - and with the Easter holiday, there were goodbyes spread out all week as people left early.  The feeling of "leaving a place that feels like home and saying goodbye to everyone" is very familiar.  However, I am confident that I will return to Italy in the future - and hopefully see many people again!  There is a fall conference in October (in Naples) that I hope to attend, and I hope that I can return to San Raffaele next summer and during my post-tenure sabbatical.

Beyond the knowledge that I can come back, I've also cheered myself up by thinking about India and eating a mango.  I'm almost done with packing (at least, what I can do now), so I plan to walk around the city tonight and see the Duomo one last time.




San Raffaele has a small zoo, with monkeys.  I learned this on my penultimate day!




No comments:

Post a Comment