Thursday, March 2, 2017

At least I know myself...

A few people teased me for bringing small baggies of spices with me to Italy.  Interestingly, there has been a spice (mustard seeds) that I didn't bring with me and that the local supermarket doesn't have.  Many of the spices I brought I used commonly (whole cumin, fennel), but I also brought fenugreek leaves.

My movitation was thus: one day I will be hungry and not know what to cook, but I will have fenugreek leaves.  I will look up a recipe that uses fenugreek and I will make it.

That day was two days ago.  My fenugreek leaves are gone and I made a very tasty Indian bean dish.  Of course, the fenugreek leaves (purchased at an Indian market in Georgia) and other seasonings were the only legitimate "Indian" part of it.  I used canellini beans and an Italian type of flatbread (piadina).

No comments:

Post a Comment