Saturday, May 30, 2015

Mosquitoes, and other Problems

I finally have seen some mosquitoes - after two days in a row of evening storms, things are a little more wet and the bug are coming out.  There are also a number of adorable little frogs - flashlights are necessary for the walk back from dinner to make sure we don't squish any.  I got out of the habit of putting on bug repellent (and I brought so much!) after not seeing bugs the first few days.

The big problem today was that I fell.  I managed to get through an area of mud by stepping on big rocks (there for that purpose), and then I failed to make it up the stairs.  Not because the stairs were slippery, but because I am incompetent.  My pants ended up quite muddy, so I went back to the guesthouse to change.  Sadly, I was unable to get the mud out (washing them in a bucket), but maybe my American washing machine will do better when I got home.  My knee will end up with a wicked bruise, but that isn't unusual for me.

If muddy pants and a bruise are the worst that has happened so far, I think I am doing pretty good!  I think my "normal" life results in more frequent (and larger) disasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment