Sunday, January 15, 2017

Goodbye Atlanta

With all of my travels to India, I am getting used to flying Air France and through CDG.  My first flight had no issues - we left on time, my two bags were checked for free, and no one hassled me about the size or weight of my carry-on.  I was nervous about the short layover in Paris - given that I was staying in the EU, I realized that border control would be here.  At some places (maybe only the US) that means getting your bags, going through border control/customs, then re-checking them.  Not possible in 1.5 hours!  I almost followed the signs to baggage, but that was the wrong thing to do.  "Border control" consisted of someone stamping my passport without asking any questions.  Even with the detour and needing to get to the other side of the airport, I made it before boarding started.

Even though the plane was much smaller, I had no issues with the size of my carry-on bag.  The only issue was that my seat was switched when I was boarded - otherwise, I would have been upgraded to business class!

No comments:

Post a Comment