Friday, January 20, 2017

Off to Lecco!

My first weekend adventure is to head to Lecco, to the north of Milan, on one of the lakes (Como).  I figured this would be a simple trip, where I don't stay overnight and I do not need to catch the train at 7 AM.  It will, of course, be very cold - so I need to come up with something to do other than "walk around outside".  That might involve practicing getting coffee in "un bar" (which is a cafe here). 

The first challenge is choosing a departing location.  One station in Milano has more trains to Lecco, a different station (of course) has only the fast trains to Lecco.  The second challenge will be actually getting a ticket, figuring out if it needs to be validated, etc.  Beyond that, I am not too concerned - especially if my phone battery doesn't die!

No comments:

Post a Comment